Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your
answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the
numbered blanks from 6 to 10.
in communication show that more feelings and intentions are (6)_______ and
received nonverbally than verbally. Mehrabian and Wienerfollowing have stated
that only 7% of message is sent through words, with remaining 93% sent
use nonverbal communication because:
Words have limitations: There are (8)_______ areas where nonverbal
communication is more (9)_______ than verbal, especially when we explain the
shape, directions, personalities which are expressed nonverbally.
Nonverbal signal are powerful: Nonverbal cues primarily express inner feelings
while verbal messages deal basically with outside world.
Nonverbal message are likely to be more genuine: because nonverbal behaviors
cannot be controlled as easily as spoken words.
Nonverbal signals can express feelings inappropriate to state: Social etiquette
limits what can be said, but nonverbal cues can communicate thoughts.
A separate communication channel is necessary to (10)_______ send complex
messages: A speaker can add enormously to the complexity of the verbal message
through simple nonverbal signals.
Mark the letter A, B, C or
D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITTE in meaning to the
underlined word(s) in each of the following questions. My friend and his soccer coach are incompatible. They are always arguing.
following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to
indicate the correct wordfor each of the blanks.
Scientists say that
(44) _______ the next thirty years we will not be able to tell the difference
between the real people and the virtual people- that is, people created by
computer. These virtual humans are already in films and computer games and
engineers are setting up experiments to see if they can develop a (45) _______ feeling
virtual people. And the prediction is that these virtual people will be better
than us humans- because they are basically a machine, they can (46) _______ data
and remember it much better than we can. In addition, they are starting to look
much more like us. They are already used to (47) _______ research that may be
dangerous for humans, such as on equipment for the army. The “virtuals” are
very good at following procedures exactly so scientists can get reliable
results. Engineers are carrying out further tests to find out how to get the
virtual beings to understand conversation. Now, we can only “talk” to them by
typing. But if you (48) _______ the internet, you will find more and more sites
devoted to virtual humans- we are just at the beginning of what they can do.