Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your
answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks.
Researchers in communication show
that more feelings and intentions are (1) _______ and received nonverbally than
verbally. Mehrabian and Wienerfollowing have stated that only 7% (2) _______
message is sent through words, with remaining 93% sent nonverbal (3) _______.
Humans use nonverbal communication because:
1. Words have limitations: There are (4) _______ areas where
nonverbal communication is more (5) v than verbal, especially when we explain
the shape, directions, personalities which are expressed nonverbally.
2. Nonverbal signal are powerful: Nonverbal cues primarily
express inner (6) _______ while verbal messages deal basically with outside
3. Nonverbal message are likely (7) _______ more genuine:
because nonverbal behaviors cannot be controlled as easily as spoken words.
4. Nonverbal signals can express feelings inappropriate to
state: Social etiquette limits (8) _______ can be said, but nonverbal cues can
5. A separate communication channel is necessary to (9)
_______ send complex messages: A speaker can add enormously to the complexity
of the verbal message through simple nonverbal (10) _______.