CÁC CẤU TRÚC VỚI ĐỘNG TỪ NGUYÊN MẪU VÀ DANH ĐỘNG TỪ
- Các cấu trúc đi với động từ nguyên mẫu có “TO”
- To V: để làm gì
Eg: To get high scores in exam, you have to study harder.
- It takes sb...to V
Eg: It took him a day to finish the report.
- Be about to do sth= be going to do sth: chuẩn bị làm gì
Eg: The man is about to step on the boat.
- Be adj (of sb) to V
Eg: I’m delighted to help you.
- Be (a/an) noun to V
Eg: It was a great honour to be invited here today.
- How/ where/ when/ who....to V
Eg: I don’t know what to say.
- Whether to V
Eg: I wonder whether to leave or to stay.
- Đại từ bất định + to V
Eg: There wasn’t anything to buy.
- Find it adj to V: thấy cái gì như thế nào
Eg: I find it difficult to learn new words.
- The first/ the second/ the last/.../the only to V
Eg: She is the only person in her village to study abroad.
- Used to V
Eg: I used to go swimming with my father after school when I was small.
- Too adj to V: quá...
Eg: He is too short to become a pilot
- Adj enough to V: đủ
Eg: He isn’t tall enough to become a pilot
- Noun enough to V: đủ
Eg: I don’t have enough money to affrord a car.
- Sau các danh từ:
Ability/ambition/anxiety/attempt/decision/desire/ determination/ eagerness/effort/failure/offer/plan/promise/refusal/wish/willingness....to V
Eg: This competition nurses their ambition to become successful bisinessmen.
- Lược bỏ bớt động từ
Eg: Why are you learning so hard?
- CÁC CẤU TRÚC ĐI VỚI ĐỘNG TỪ NGUYÊN MẪU KHÔNG “TO”
- Would rather do ath than do sth else
Eg: I’d rather play tennis than go to the cinema.
- Had better V
Eg: She had better leave him.
- CÁC CẤU TRÚC ĐI VỚI DANH ĐỘNG TỪ
- To be busy Ving
Eg: She’s busy doing her exercise so that she can hand it in before deadline.
- No Ving
Eg: No parking./ No smoking.
- Look forward to Ving
Eg: I look forward to hearing from you.
- Feel like
Eg: Do you feel like going out?
- There is no point in Ving
Eg: There is no point in waiting as he won’t come.
- It’s not worth Ving
Eg: It’s not worth spending too much time on this issue.
- It’s no use/good Ving
Eg: It’s no use asking his opinion
- To be/get used to/ to be accustomed to Ving
Eg: I am used to getting early in the morning.
- Spend time/money Ving
Eg: They spent two hours making the cake.
- Cannot bear/stand
Eg: She couldn’t bear having cats in the house
- Cannot help
Eg: I couldn’t help laughing when I read that book.
VÍ DỤ MINH HỌA
Điền vào chỗ trống
- My sister was about.........(go) to sleep when her boyfriend phoned.
- It’s no good..........( ask) her for help as she is so selfish.
- He is used to.........(get) up early in the morning.
- I always remember...........(turn) off the lights before I leave my house.
- I am looking forward to...........(see) you.
- Đáp án “to go”
Cấu trúc “to be about+ to v”: chuẩn bị làm gì
Dịch: Chị gái tôi chuẩn bị đi ngủ thì bạn trai gọi điện.
- Đáp án “asking”
It’s no good +Ving: vô ích khi làm gì
Dịch: Nhờ cô ấy giúp đỡ cũng vô ích mà thôi vì cô ấy quá ích kỉ
- Đáp án “getting”
Cấu trúc “be used to +Ving”: đã quen với
Dịch: Cô ấy đã quen với việc thức dậy sớm vào buổi sáng
- Đáp án: “to turn”
Remember to V: nhớ phải làm gì
Dịch: Cô ấy luôn luôn nhớ phải tắt đèn trước khi ra khỏi phòng.
- Đáp án “seeing”
Cấu trúc “look forward to Ving”
Dịch: Tôi mong được gặp bạn.
BÀI TẬP RÈN LUYỆN
- That book isn’t worth........... (read/reading/being read/ to read)
- It’s no good ...........(to tell//tell/telling/not to tell)him the truth now.
- It’s no use.........( pretending/pretend/to pretend/pretended) you didn’t know.
- When I’m on holiday, I enjoy.........( not have/not having/having not/not to have) to get up early.
- That’s all right, I don’t mind....(have kept/having kept/be kept/being kept) waiting.
- She admitted.........(stolen/be stealing/have stolen/having stolen) the money.
- Would you mind.........( closing/close/have closed/ to close) the door?
- William suggest..........(to go/gone/go/going) to the cinema.
- Your shoes need........(to be cleaned/cleaning/to clean/clean).
- Do you consider..........(to invite/invite/inviting/have invited) our friends on Sunday?
- NOT HAVING
- BEING KEPT
- HAVING STOLEN
- TO BE CLEANED