I. Một số dạng đảo ngữ thường gặp
Đảo ngữ với No và Not
- No/Not + Trợ động từ + S + V (infinitive)
- Not any + N + Trợ động từ + S + Verb (infinitive)
Ex: He didn’t have any money left after he went to the casino.
No money did he have left after he went to the casino.
Đảo ngữ với các trạng từ phủ định
- Seldom/Hardly/Scarcely/Rarely/Little/Never + Trợ động từ + S + V
Ex: He hardly ever speaks English in the public
Hardly ever does he speak English in the public.
I have never eaten such a good dish in my life.
Never in my life have I eaten such a good dish.
Đảo ngữ “Ngay khi…thì…”
- No sooner had + S + V (phân từ 2) + than
Ex: No sooner had I arrived home than it started to rain
- Hardly/Bearly/Scarely had + S + V (phân từ 2) when/before…
Ex: Hardly had she gone out before the telephone rang
- Đảo ngữ với Only
- Only once/later/in this way/then + Trợ động từ + S + V
Ex: Only once have I met her.
Only later did I realize the important of learning English.
- Only after/by/with + Danh từ/Mệnh đề + Đảo ngữ
Ex: Only after the guests had gone could we relax.
- Only when/if + mệnh đề + đảo ngữ
Ex: Only when I understand him did I like him.
Đảo ngữ với các cụm từ có No
- At no time/On no condition/Under no circumstances/For no reason/In no way/No longer + Trợ động từ + Chủ ngữ + Động từ.
Ex: Under no circumstances could this button be touched.
No longer do I believe him.
Đảo ngữ với Not only…but also
- Not only + Trợ động từ + S + V + but also + S + V
Ex: Not only does he sing well but he also dances beautifully.
Not only is she good at English but she also can speak Chinese
Đảo ngữ với So
- So + tính từ + trợ động từ + S + V
Ex: So dark it is that I can’t see anything.
So difficult was the exam that few students pass it.
Đảo ngữ với until/till
- Until/Till + Mệnh đề, Trợ động từ + S + V
Ex: Not until I got home did I know I had lost my key.
Đảo ngữ với Nowhere
- Nowhere + Trợ động từ + S + V
Ex: Nowhere could the dog be found.
Đảo ngữ câu điều kiện
- Câu điều kiện loại 1: “If” Clause = Should + S + V
Ex: If he come late, she will miss the train.
Should he come late, she will miss the train.
- Câu điều kiện loại 2: “If” Clause = Were + S + to V
Ex: If I were you, I would treat her better.
Were I you, I would treat her better.
- Câu điều kiện loại 3: “If” Clause = Had + S + V(phân từ 2)
Ex: If she had worked harder, she would have been promoted this month.
Had she worked harder, she would have been promoted this month.
II. Một số dạng đảo ngữ nâng cao.
A. Đảo ngữ vì có trạng từ /cụm trạng từ đầu câu:
Near the church was an old ruined cottage.Often have I heard it said that he is not to be trusted.
Twice within my life time have was world wars taken place.Such was the tale he told me.
B. Đảo ngữ vì có (trạng) từ phủ định đầu câu:
In no circumstance could I agree to such a proposal.
Not until all attempts at negotiation had failed did the men decide to go on strike.
C. Đảo ngữ vì có ONLY đầu câu không phụ nghĩa cho chủ ngữ :
ONLY + RARELY/ WHEN/ THEN…
ONLY + PREPOSITIONAL PHRASE ….
Only rarely has an accident occurred.
Only in Central Vietnam have I seen such scenery as that.
D.Đảo ngữ vì có HERE/ THERER ở đầu câu:
There is a letter for you on the desk.Here is your pen.
E.Đảo ngữ vì có HERE/ THERE trong câu cảm:
There goes the bus!Here comes George!
F.Đảo ngữ vì có SO/ NEITHER/ SO…. THAT:
I didn’t go to the movies, neither did he.
I went to the movies, so did he.
So tired was the man that he can’t work more.
G. Đảo ngữ vì có tân ngữ được phụ nghĩa bởi tính từ phủ định ở đầu câu:
Little help will you get from him.
H. Đảo ngữ vì xoá bỏ IF trong câu điều kiện (Dùng WERE/ SHOULD/ HAD):
Had I met you before, we may have been friends.
(If I had met you before, we may have been friends.)
Were I you, I would help her.
(If I were you, I would help her.)
Should we hear any further news, we will be in touch immediately.
(If we hear any further news, we will be in touch immediately.)
I. Đảo ngữ vì có PREDICATE (Subjective complement) ở đầu câu:
Present at the meeting were the Prime Minister and all members of the Parliament.
BÀI TẬP VẬN DỤNG
- Not only…………………………………………..
- he refused to help me but he also made fun of me
- did he refuse to help me but he made fun of me also
- did he refuse to help me but he also made fun of me
- he did refuse to help me but also made fun of me
- ………………………..had she open the cupboard than she stood in front of it petrified
- No sooner
- As soon as
- The fact
- …………………….with enough life-boats she wouldn’t have caused so heavy casualties
- Were the Titanic to be equiped
- The Titanic were to be equiped
- The Titanic was to be equiped
- Had the Titanic been equiped
- It was not until the doctors asked him to comment on his death……………recognised their craziness
- when he
- and he
- that he
- George would certainly have attended the meeting…………………
- if he didn’t get a flat tire
- if the flat tire hadn’t happened
- had he not had a flat tire
- had the tire not flatterned itselt
- ………………………..received law degrees as today
- Never so many women have
- Never have so many women
- The women aren’t ever
- Women who have never
- ……………..during his dinner with us
- Not did my grandfather say single word
- Not said a single word did my grandfather
- Not my grandfather said a single word
- Not a single word did my grandfather say
- There is no water on the moon , nor …………………..an atmosphere around it
- there is
- it is
- there is not
- is there
- …………………the work when his wife came in with two policemen
- Had he hardly finished
- Had hardly he finished
- Hardly he had finished
- Hardly had he finished
- Not until the first land plants developed………………
- land animals appeared
- did land animals appear
- would land animals appear
- the land animals appeared
_____________________________ Chúc các bạn làm bài tốt !!!! ______________________________
Key mình sẽ để bên dưới!!!
KEY: 1C 2 A 3D 4C 5C 6B 7D 8D 9D 10 B